Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Book Review: Writers & Lovers by Lily King

Writers & LoversWriters & Lovers by Lily King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really loved this book. At one point, in the middle of a chapter about nothing particularly emotional, I found myself tearing up because the feeling in it was just so ... real. It's a love letter to reading, to loss and grief, to love itself, to the passion of writing, to the passion of just doing what you're good at. I loved all the people who populate the book and how King made them flawed and yet perfect. (Except the brunch chef. He's awful, and I can't stand him, which is, I think, intentional.) I would absolutely sit down and read it again cover to cover except for the fact that it is now 4 days overdue and 44 other people are lined up for their chance to read it...

View all my reviews

No comments: