Thursday, May 6, 2021

I did a thing...


Thanks to a connection made by one of my MLIS professors, Lucy Santos Green, I am happy to share that I have published my first LIS article!  My article Social Media Inspo: Authentic Digital Learning with Alternative Tools is available to subscribers at School Library Connection's website:


It is available in the May/June 2021 print issue and online for subscribers.  Eventually, the article will also be available online without a subscription.  I'll try to post updates here.  If you're interested in reading the article but cannot access it please reach out!

Writing about using social media in instruction arose out of a collaboration project that I did with my sixth grade social studies team.  The whole experience - the planning of the project, implementing the project and seeing the students' work, and writing the article - was a lot of fun.  I hope to be able to share more about my on-the-ground school librarian experiences in the future, so stay tuned!

No comments: