Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Return to yoga

Yesterday, I returned to my yoga mat for the first time in two years. It … was … WONDERFUL! Yoga hasn’t been entirely absent from my life. It’s just that, while I love DD, she has put a crimp in my personal time. Rather than DOING yoga, I’ve spent a lot of time over the past two years THINKING about yoga… about how much I enjoy it, about how I wanted to get back to it, and even envisioning myself doing it.

I was amazed at how much “muscle memory” I seem to have as I returned to an asana practice (yoga movement for all you non-yogis). It was almost as if all that thinking about yoga poses had somehow clarified them in my mind so that when I returned to the mat each pose was distilled to its essence, allowing me to move right into the form.

1 comment:

MMH said...

I've been doing pre-natal yoga since April. It's wonderful. I know I'll be able to do some Baby and Me yoga while on leave but I have a feeling it's going to be hard to fit it in once I go back to work in January!