Monday, January 5, 2009

The Year of 100 Books

Happy New Year! I’ve been blog-absent for some time now, but I promise it was for a good reason – holiday celebrations!

As the new year starts, I’ve got a new project, in spite of the adverse counsel of my trepidatious hubby. This, my friends, shall be henceforth known as “The Year of 100 Books.” Yes, I’ve set a goal of reading 100 books in 2009. For those of you who are trying to tally that up in your head, that would be approximately one book every three days.

I do promise that not every book will be one with lots of pictures and little text that I’ve read to my daughter! I’ll keep you bloggishly up-to-date on my readings (as well as talk about the usual sorts of topics that cross my mind). If you have any suggestions for not-to-be-missed reads, feel free to comment!

Just to make things interesting (for me anyway), I’ve decided to count DOWN to number one. Maybe that’ll give me more incentive to finish so that all those smaller numbers aren’t staring blankly at me at the end of the year. So… I better go read!

2 comments:

Lori said...

that is an impressive goal! i love it! please let me know what your favorites are!!

D. W. said...

It's not that I don't think you can accomplish the goal of 100 books in 365 days-- it's more that I am certain that you will be able to do it, and that makes me think I won't have a companion for a year. Hence, I wouldn't mind you reading a few of DD's (that is the lingo for the kid, right?) books to count towards your goal!

But I know you won't take contrary advice from me when you have your heart set on something. So, I wish you luck!

Trepidatious Hubby