Thursday, December 31, 2020

Book Review: The Peripheral by William Gibson

The Peripheral (The Peripheral #1)The Peripheral by William Gibson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

William Gibson never disappoints me. As with most of his books, you are immediately immersed in an unfamiliar world and have to just keep reading until his novel terminology and the weird situations are clarified. I enjoyed this look at a future that may not be far off for us and a non-run-of-the-mill approach to time travel. Gibson creates a world with technology that seems simultaneously familiar and alien - some place and time in which we could find ourselves. I also found the characters engaging (as usual). Flynne is a fun protagonist. I can't wait to read the second novel in this series, which just came out.

View all my reviews

No comments: