Sunday, January 10, 2021

Audiobook Review: The Sentence is Death by Anthony Horowitz

 

The Sentence is Death (Hawthorne, #2)The Sentence is Death by Anthony Horowitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As I've said before, I love a good thriller/mystery! Antony Horowitz scratches my itch with this second installment of the Hawthorne series. With clever shout-outs to Sherlock Holmes and sly inclusion of himself as a character, Horowitz leads readers through the murder investigation following the death-by-wine-bottle of a prominent divorce lawyer. Does his death relate to a tragedy in which he was involved six years earlier or is there a more prosaic explanation related to a disgruntled ex-spouse of a client? A very satisfying read.

The narrator of the audiobook is exception engaging with his range of voices for the characters. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

View all my reviews

No comments: