Friday, January 8, 2021

Book Review: Tales of an 8-Bit Kitten - Lost in the Nether by Cube Kid

Tales of an 8-Bit Kitten: Lost in the Nether: An Unofficial Minecraft AdventureTales of an 8-Bit Kitten: Lost in the Nether: An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure by Cube Kid
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not what I normally read, but this illustrated chapter book based on the popular Minecraft game was my 11-year-old's pick for our read-aloud together. He really enjoyed it, and I think this series is a great option to engage kids who love gaming but maybe not reading. The illustrations look like they are lifted directly from Minecraft, and the story is well-enough written to hold interest. It's pretty good fan fiction, if not great literature. I did think a few of the characters introduced in the second part of the book were hard to keep track of, but this is the introduction to a series, so perhaps more development is in the future. I've been told that we'll be sharing the next two adventures as read-alouds, too, so stay tuned!

View all my reviews

No comments: