Monday, January 4, 2021

Happy New Year! My 2021 Book Challenge

As you may have gathered, I read.  A lot.  Check out my GoodReads 2020 summary:




Maybe … just maybe … that’s why I decided to become a librarian.  

Some years, I just read whatever comes my way.  Some years, I am more intentional about my reading.  Last year was a mixture of both, as I did a lot of reading in preparation for a school-wide read project and for my graduate school classes, and I anticipate that this year will be as well.  You may have noticed that I have begun to share very brief book reviews via my Goodreads account.

This year, I have decided to set a specific challenge for myself for two reasons:  first, I want to continue to read intentionally among a collection of books I have amassed on diversity/equity/inclusion (DEI) and literacy issues and, second, I would really like to continue this blog!

The personal challenge I have set is to read at least one book a week on either DEI or on literacy issues (or – bonus – both!) and share what I learn here in this blog.  Stay tuned for my first “report” within the next week.

No comments: